TYE 103: Helping People Get Paid to Be ThemselvesSep 25, 2020
Somewhere along the way, so many of us have felt forced into boxes at school or at work. But how do we break free, carve out our niche in life, and thrive along the way? This is what we’re talking about with Blake Fly on today’s episode of The YES Effect Show!
Blake is one of my biggest influences. He helps artists, creatives, entrepreneurs, and other people with a message and an idea. When someone wants to share a speech, present a program, cultivate an online presence, build a community, or lead a mastermind, they can turn to Blake to learn how to impact more people, make more money, and fuel their own families, goals, and dreams.
Blake wasn’t the most popular kid in school, but he learned early on how to cultivate his unique abilities, find his people, and master the art of speaking. As he sees it now, whether he’s delivering keynotes all over the world or creating Zoom events to empower entrepreneurs, nothing about his work has changed since high school - he simply does it at a much larger scale.
I want to remind you that your story matters. Not just the story that you put out into the world, but the internal story about what we believe is possible for ourselves. If you want to know more about creating your powerful story that can change your life, 10X your business and make selling simple, join us in the Facebook Group Nice Girls Makes Sales. That is where the magic happens!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How writing and delivering a 30-minute valedictory event in high school made Blake fall in love with the process of looking back on experiences, telling unique stories, and finding the universal within them.
- The tools and techniques Blake uses to humanize the experience of being.
- How to conquer your fear of the stage, make your message about your audience, and give them the gift of emotional emancipation.
- How Blake teaches people how to show up - and his advice for people who aren't fully expressing themselves.
- What Blake learned from his challenge to produce a live video every single day in 2020.
- Blake’s vision for his Thank You event to span upwards of 50 years - and why it’s never been more important to take stock of the people in our lives and express gratitude.
- "I'm pretty much in the business of helping people get paid to be themselves." - Blake Fly
- "People who need you the most are the people who are saying nothing." - Shelli Varela
- "Visibility is a prerequisite to relationships." - Blake Fly
- “A lot of people suck at looking back at the clues that will help us move forward.” - Blake Fly
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Blake Fly on Facebook
- Call Blake --> Tell him you listened to The YES Effect podcast! (647) 987-4359
I want to remind you that your story matters. Not just the story that you put out into the world, but the internal story about what we believe is possible for ourselves. If you want to know more about creating your powerful story that can change your life, 10X your business, and make selling simple, join us in the Facebook Group Nice Girls Makes Sales. That is where the magic happens!
For full show notes on all of our episodes, visit https://www.shellivarela.com/blog
5 Ways to Capture People's Attention - Get it FREE ↓↓↓
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.