TYE 148: How to build positive company culture by learning about your people and their storiesSep 15, 2022
To build a positive company culture, you first need to show that you care about your people. Sounds like a simple concept, right?
Then why does so much toxic company culture still exist?
It’s because leaders need to learn more about what drives their people and why, and most importantly, genuinely care. In today’s episode, I’m going to explain how leaders can build far more successful businesses and create a much more positive work environment using the power of story. The perfect example: how the Wright Brothers won the highly competitive race to invent the airplane by putting people & culture first.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why story is the most under-utilized leadership tool
- How to create a more positive company culture
- What story actually means when it comes to company culture and employee relationships
- What currency actually means to your employees (spoiler: it’s not money)
- The 2 types of story and which is more important
- Why corporations use story in their marketing
- How to get more out of your employees
- How to become a better leader in the workplace
“Leadership needs to know about story. It’s the most under-utilized tool in the leadership toolbox.”
“When you’re a leader, you’re leading humans. When you learn about story you learn to give a s**t about humans.”
“When we think of currency, we automatically think about money. Money is currency, for sure, but so is pride, so is peace, accomplishment and freedom. So if you;re a leader of a team you need to know what’s going on in the minds of the people you’re leading. What is their currency? You want your team to go through a wall for you? Show them you give a s**t.”
“Nobody cares to understand you unless they first feel understood.”
“Story is a snapshot in time, your perspective of that snapshot and what you make it mean. And it’s the meaning that drives the story.”
Join The YES Effect Inner Circle Facebook Group for a behind the scenes experience about what it means to Believe, Belong and Become!