TYE 133: How to use storytelling to sell with Pat QuinnApr 28, 2022
Whether you’re a billionaire entrepreneur or the neighbourhood plumber, Pat Quinn will show you how to use your story to teach, sell and make an impact. He is one of the world's premier presentation coaches who has worked with Olympians, astronauts, New York Times bestselling authors, world-class business leaders like Grant Cardone, Tony Robbins, Shark Tank’s Daymond John, Dean Graziosi, and everyday business owners. His goal is not to get you a standing ovation - it’s to use storytelling to make sales.
He is also the founder of StoryLinq.com - a digital platform for storing, building and categorizing your stories to easily assemble into presentations.
He’s on The YES Effect to talk about how he coaches people to create the perfect presentation to get people’s attention, acquire customers, make sales, grow your revenue and ultimately create impact in the world.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Pat transitioned from a career as a magician to coaching world class speakers and presenters
- Why focusing more on the audience than yourself will make you a better speaker
- Why Pat believes speaking and presenting is the fastest way to grow a business and make impact
- Why laughter and applause are not the most important part of a presentation
- Why you shouldn’t open a presentation with your most extraordinary or emotional story
- When to tell you most extraordinary and emotional stories in a presentation
- Which kind of story to begin any presentation with
- The main goal of public speaking or giving a presentation
- The two types of audiences and how to convert each into a sale or action
- How speaking is the only customer acquisition tool that you can get paid for
“You’ll learn more by watching the audience for 5 minutes than you will watching yourself for 45 minutes.”
“Your goal isn’t to be the smartest person in the room. Your goal is to help solve one problem.”
“The one thing standing between you and being an influence, having a voice, getting customers and making impact is having your stories put together in a way that moves other people to take action.”
“Speaking on stage or online is the only customer acquisition model that is not only free, but if you do it well, you get paid for it.”
“When you switch the model from one-to-one to one-to-many, your business just scales differently; your impact grows exponentially and it’s the most cost-effective, risk free way to grow your revenue.”
“The person who gets up on stage instantly gets credibility, has an audience and has a voice.”
“If you don’t have a way to store your stories you’re letting your most valuable assets and treasures blow away in the wind.”
“Everybody who is going to use stories to sell, grow their business and impact the lives of other people should have a way to keep track of their stories.”
“Most of the people I work with are business owners, coaches and entrepreneurs who want to attract new clients, grow their business and have a greater impact on the world. And I believe having a perfect presentation - a talk that introduces yourself to new people - is the fastest way to do that.”
Links mentioned in this episode:
Join The YES Effect Inner Circle Facebook Group for a behind the scenes experience about what it means to Believe, Belong and Become!