TYE 130: Running a 7-figure business in your pajamas with Ray BlakneyApr 06, 2022
Ray Blakney is known as “The Pajama Entrepreneur” and has started multiple 6 and 7-figure online businesses from the comfort of home. After realizing his high-paying software engineer job in Silicon Valley was leading to an endless, unmemorable corporate life, Ray quit to volunteer and pursue entrepreneurship.
He now shares what he learned from all of those experiences as a speaker at conferences around the world and on podcasts. He and his businesses have been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Boston Globe and other top publications. He’s also just launched a new platform called “Podcast Hawk'' - a database that helps people get booked as a podcast guest. He’s on The YES Effect show to talk about his journey from high-paying corporate job, to nearly broke, to living his dream life creating and running multiple million-dollar businesses.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The moment Ray knew to quit his corporate job
- Why so many people follow expectations rather than their desires
- Why most people are currently in their worst-case scenario
- The one mindset that separates the most successful people in the world from everyone else
- How Ray bounced back from businesses that didn’t work
- The self-discovery that comes from starting a business
- How Ray invented Podcast Hawk and was able to include a listing of every podcast in the world
- The unexpected benefits of being a guest on a podcast
- Why it’s not enough to just tell your story, you have to tell it over and over
“A lot of people have the challenge of ‘the life we’re expected to live.’”
“You are in your worst case scenario right now. What's ahead of you is possibly your best case scenario.”
"When you try something and it doesn’t work, as long as you learn something, you’ve succeeded.”
“Entrepreneurship is this journey of self discovery every single day you're doing it.”
“Most people are amazing, but most people don’t think they’re amazing. Until you think you are, you’re not going to get to that next level.”
Links mentioned in this episode:
Ray Blakney’s website: https://rayblakney.com/
Ray on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/raymond.blakney
Ray on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rayblakney
Podcast Hawk: https://podcasthawk.com/
Join The YES Effect Inner Circle Facebook Group for a behind the scenes experience about what it means to Believe, Belong and Become!